» Pro Bono Institute 2019 Digest
- Joe Sullivan (Part I, Part II), Pepper Hamilton: Pepper Hamilton’s Joe Sullivan talks to us about his career, “mandatory” pro bono, the access to justice culture in Philadelphia, and more.
- PBI’s 2019 Annual Conference Preview: We offer a preview of the 2019 Conference, exploring what’s new this year, opportunities for networking, cutting-edge issues that will be featured, and more.
- Margaret Richards, Husch Blackwell: Husch Blackwell’s Margaret Richards talks to us about how pro bono “fuels her soul,” her career, the firm’s pro bono program, having a client cry tears of joy, and more.
- Rebecca Cazabon, Foley Hoag: Foley Hoag’s Rebecca Cazabon talks to us about the firm’s pro bono program, the access to justice culture in Boston, advice for summer associates, and more. Bonus music from Rebecca’s father, Salvador Cazabon, and his trio, Trio Los Treboles, and their rendition of “Guantanamera” by José Martí and Julián Orbón.
- Betsy Hutson, McGuireWoods: PBI talks to Betsy Hutson from McGuireWoods about incorporating pro bono into her life as a busy law firm litigator, her experience representing survivors of human trafficking, and more.
- Osvaldo Garcia, Wickersham & Taft: PBI talks to Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft’s Osvaldo Garcia about incorporating pro bono into his life as a busy law firm associate, his experience creating and directing the Cadwalader Black and Latino Association Immigration Clinic, how lawyers can be superheroes, and more.
- Summer in the City: In this special episode, we sat down with our fantastic summer interns, The George Washington University Law School’s Leah Calabro, the University of Michigan’s Drew Sovel, and the University of Michigan Law School’s Kyle Pham to talk about hip hop, their experiences at PBI working to promote pro bono and access to justice, ghostwriting, and much more.
Listen and subscribe to the Pro Bono Happy Hour on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, iHeartRadio, Spotify, Stitcher, YouTube, and wherever you get your podcasts.