Pro bono has become a significant part of the summer associate experience and a crucial differentiator as talented law students make decisions about their futures. Again this year, Law Firm Pro Bono Project staff members are available to speak at events for summer associates. Each summer, we participate in a number of informational programs, during which Project staff, along with firm partners, directors, managers, coordinators, associates, and pro bono committee members, discuss an array of pro bono-related topics, such as:
• the relationship of pro bono to professional and skill development;
• national trends in pro bono;
• “hot” and emerging areas in pro bono;
• developments in in-house pro bono;
• pro bono current events; and
• the particular operations of the firm’s pro bono program and new initiatives.
These programs can be important representations of a firm’s commitment to pro bono and a useful tool for orienting and engaging your newest recruits. We are happy to tailor our participation and the program design to your firm’s specific needs.
If your Member Law Firm is interested in scheduling and designing a meeting (which may be conducted in person or by video) as part of your summer associate program, please contact Law Firm Pro Bono Project Assistant Eva Richardson. Please note that it may not be possible to fill all requests this year, so schedule your event soon.